Sunday, September 12, 2010

CAMPING!

So this past weekend I went on a camping trip to the Cleveland National Forest near San Diego with Tam, Matt, Chris, Corey, and Angela.
I haven't been camping in ages so I was quite excited when I heard about it.
Overall the trip was pretty fun but it just felt like it went by really fast!
The first day started a bit rocky...some people lagged and we had to stop by here and there which delayed our arrival to the campsite.
We arrived at the site around 8ish - 9pm when we were supposed to get there at 5 but s'all good. We set up our tents and started a fire then went to sleep.
The next day, I awoke to the blazing sun beating down on us in our tent.
We ate breakfast and got ready to go fishing in Lake Cumacaya?! I forgot but something along those lines.
We pretty much just spent the whole day fishing but I caught two of them fishies!
And I ate him!...I ate his lil face! and I ate his little wagging tail...
I also ate the little mess he made on the floor...YOU HEARD ME! ... (Simpsons reference >_>)
Got a really bad sunburn on my back and neck...it hurts like FIYAH!!!
Anyway, got back and started up another fire and pretty much just ate a lot of food and sweets and sat around the fire, talking about life and love to the sounds of acoustic guitars.
It was a pretty tiring day so we knocked out pretty late.
Sunday was already here so I woke up again around 8am and got to eating breakfast.
Matt and I wanted to go hiking but there were no trails nearby...we either had to drive to them or pay to hike...so I was disappointed we didn't get to cross that activity off my list :[
We started packing up all our things and we dropped off Angela then Matt and headed back to the hood.
Overall it was dope to just get away from the city and enjoy the outdoor wonders of nature. I've always enjoyed camping ever since I was a kid so it was dope to go again.
Perhaps we'll plan another camping trip soon...hopefully more efficient but this trip went pretty well. I'm thinking Yosemite...that place is epic.
It did feel like it went by really fast...so hopefully we'll plan another day or get to the campsite earlier to do more things because we only had one full day of camping and we mainly spent it just fishing in the lake.
So hopefully next time I'll include some hiking in the trip...but that was pretty much my weekend!
Now back to the grind.

Some pics from fishing.


Matt is the only one wearing his life vest.

Ayayaya Miss Saigon..

We all caught at least one fish!

Except Corey..

HOORAY!

No comments: