Thursday, September 2, 2010

9. - Your Beliefs

This is going to be an interesting and pretty unsure post.
I grew up a Christian; I was baptized as a Methodist when I was about 5 years old and my mother took my sisters and I to church every Sunday growing up.
So I was raised to believe in God, Jesus, and so forth.
The sermons were hard for me to understand because the pastor delivered them in Spanish! Haha
But anyway as I got older I stopped attending church, not because I hated it but because I suppose I just lost an interest in going.
I studied other philosophies and religions in class, reading books, and just meeting new people and I feel I've grown to become an agnostic. I feel that I cannot stick to one set of ideals because I do not want to stay limited to one thing.
When it comes to many things, I am a very neutral person who cannot pick one side.
I am not the type to talk bad of anything just because it is different.
I respect all other forms of religion and beliefs and judge a person based solely upon their own personality.
So if a Christian person is spewing hatred towards Jews, I don't judge a whole religion based on this one person's actions because he does not represent the whole Christian community.
And this goes for any other religion...unless one religion does spew hatred for one another then I may sway the other way >_> BUT! In general, I try not to judge.
Yes, there are many differences between religions but just because something is different doesn't make it wrong.
I have Atheists as friends who have their own set of beliefs and I respect them as well.
I mainly like to keep to myself because I honestly don't have a strong opinion about beliefs. I respect all opinions as long as they're delivered in a logical and legitimate way.
If you're just a close-minded individual who automatically neglects all new forms of ideas or beliefs then I won't bother wasting a minute on listening to you.
This goes to all things I do in life.
When b-boys speak of other dances such as Hip Hop choreography or Jerkin' or something as whack and not real dancing then I think they just don't understand.
Many people think B-boys are just a bunch of tricksters who just spin around on the floor but there is an essence to it. People just need to understand it so I try to take the time to understand their craft.
There is no perfect religion, race, philosophy, dance, martial art, this or that...everything is different and has its own beauty to it; a person just has to find the true essence of what it represents.

In a nutshell:
"I'm not better than you, I just think different."

No comments: