Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Human After All" x #20. Five Guilty Pleasures

So lately during B-boy practices my wrist has been acting up.
Nothing too serious, it would ache whenever I’d put pressure on it but I could tolerate the pain.
I’d rest in between sessions, hoping it would heal up but at every session the same pain returned.
Tuesday’s session seemed to be the last straw and my wrist finally reached its limit. After session, I could barely move my wrist without it aching.
I guess I had to throw in the towel and accept what my body was trying to tell me.
It was time to take a full break from B-boyin’ until my wrist was fully healed.
Now a full break doesn't exactly mean no Breakin' at all. I could still toprock or practice moves with my other hand but if I want to be certain that my right wrist (my dominant hand in dancing) would heal fully then I should avoid using it at all costs.
Of course, injuries are naturally common in the art of B-boyin’ so I see this as a small speed bump through my progression in the dance. Just gotta rest it until it’s ready. I'm not sure how long it’s gonna take but I’m already on Day 3 and it still hurts as much as it did the first day.
Patience comes into play in this waiting game.
Might need to purchase a wrist brace cause this medical tape ain’t doing much to help with the pain or recovery process. I guess the tape is more of a mental boost to help me muscle through the pain whenever I move it.
Oh well. Like I said, injuries are a part of the game. You can only muscle through so much pain until your body gives you an obvious hint that you need to take it slow and let yourself rest and heal.
After all, we are only human.

and I'm still doing this stupid ass survey.

20. Five Guilty Pleasures
1. Coca Cola - I've always loved drinking coke ever since I was a kid...not exactly a good thing but it tastes so refreshing and sweet. I'm trying to cut back but every once in a while, I don't mind :]
2. Junk food - No matter how healthy I try to eat I will somehow succumb to the temptations of junk food. Whether it's fast food or snacks around the house, I love to eat.
3. Sleeping in - I usually dislike sleeping in because I feel you're wasting the day away but at the same time...my bed is soooo comfy T_T
4. Consumption - I've actually been pretty good about shopping but there are times where if I see something I want, I'll just buy on impulse. People tell me I have a lot shoes and clothes which is true but I'm pretty content on my collection and I'm actually trying to get rid of my clothes.
5. Procrastination.


PEACE

No comments: