Friday, April 15, 2011

The Return of Push Circle x Mike's B-Day!

Went to school then headed to work and it was testing day for the advanced belts so I had to stay and judge. It went pretty smoothly and I got off around 9pm.
Headed to USC for session and along the way I met up with Gary.
We proceeded to the session spot and spotted Tony leaving the building. He explained he was tired and still recovering from his sickness.
We bid farewell to our fellow Zombie Hunter, Tony and continued to the practice spot.
We entered the beat filled room to greet my good friends: Socheat, Nikki, Peter, Erin, Barry, Austin, Wilson, Robert, and Robert Number 2.
We were a bit late since session usually starts around 8:30pm.
I changed my shoes and got to practicing until I noticed my wrist was still in pain whenever I put pressure on it. An injury that came from last week's session, my wrist had still not fully healed.
Just seconds later, the speakers go silent and everyone checks the status of the power cord. The speakers' batteries go dead and the outlet outside is powerless.
Just as Gary and I entered the spot, the breakbeats go dead.
With panic ensuing, Gary and myself let out a disappointed sigh.
A session with no music is like a basketball game with no ball...
But I figure, I came all the way here...might as well try something. I began practicing the halo a few times but it is still proven difficult to me. That and my wrist continued to ache in pain. Need to let it rest until next Tuesday...HEEEAL!
As time passed by it was official that music could not be played.
But not to worry as my good friend Josh came up with the idea to play a game of push circle.
A game, I've only heard about from the friends who've played and watched it.
Two warriors are pitted against one another in a small circle.
The objective? To push your opponent out by any means necessary.
Rules? No hitting of any sort and two feet must step outside of the circle for a loss.
Socheat and Josh volunteered to go first...as they are veterans in the sport of Push Circle. This was more like an exhibition.

The two masters at work. Socheat rose as the victor in this bout, claiming honor to his given name: "The Midnight Gazelle"

A second challenge was made by Gary to Marc. Marc, also a seasoned veteran in this vicious game of death accepted.
With his upper body torso strength as his ally, Gary is confident to make this debut performance an easy one. Can Marc's experience and cat like agility be enough to overcome Gary's train like power?


And the final match up are between two Push Circle Rookies making their debut challenge.
Yong Chong and Robert Oh are next on the list. Two natives of South Korea go head to head in this kingly sport.
Will Yong's technicality be enough against Robert who's built like a shit brick house?! WATCH NOW!

Lol I gotta make it more theatrical with the stories and what not.
Anyway! So that was my first time participating in Push Circle. I honestly did not know what to expect but Robert is built like a shit brick house!!!
It's hella tiring but pretty fun!
THE RETURN IS WELCOMED!

Anyway! Then packed up and left to JJ's for some good ol' fashioned Thai Iced Tea. NOM NOM NOM! Shit was gooooooooooooood. I wasn't hungry...ate 6 hotdogs in the afternoon! So I think that should have held me off the rest of the day.
Then the birthday boy made his entrance!! Coming all the way from Culture Shock practice came our very own Michael Villaster!!!

The ol' slugger got two ice creams cause he's just that special! OR! SOMEONE ELSE ORDERED AN ICE CREAM FOR HIM WITHOUT TELLING THE OTHER FRIEND WHO'S ALSO ORDERING HIM ICE CREAM THAT HE ALREADY DID!...SON OF A BITCH!
Look at this foo...fuckin' sexy dawg...I JUST WANNA FUCK THIS FOO!
...And yes ladies, he is single...but not for long. CLAIM HIS V-CARD WHILE YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

But it was fun filled night with everything a man could want: push circles, women, jj's, thai iced tea, two ice creams, good laughs, and friends.

WHO THE FUCK TOOK THIS BLURRY ASS PICTURE!

- Alive and well.

No comments: