Thursday, April 28, 2011

Donald Glover x Childish Gambino Show

I finally attended the long-awaited Donald Glover/Childish Gambino concert.
I've been a fan of Donald Glover ever since his derrickcomedy videos to his stand up and "community". But I never quite got involved in his music until recently.
I bought the ticket in favor of his stand up but one night, I decided to give his tracks a try and I was actually impressed.
I liked his flow and the songs were pretty catchy. But his delivery on the tracks were getting quite redundant. (He talks a lot about his penis and girls)
Besides that, I was excited to see some of these songs live. Let's see what you got on Cudi!
So I went to work today and got off early to get home in time for Marc's arrival.
Got home around 6:30 and Tony came later. Then Marc, Josh, and Bernice arrive and we make our way to the getaway!
Got $10 parking even though the parking lots were $10 but whatever! The line was pretty long and we were dead last. Saw Michelle Truong in the line!
Finally got in and the venue was pretty dope. Everyone looked chilled. A lot of hipster looking junkies but whatever, I could mingle.
Got a draaank to loosen up and a L just incase I want to get more looooooooooooosen...ed up.
Then all of a sudden my homie Marc exclaims he sees some cast members of Community!
I turn to agree; there in my eyes lied Danny Pudi and Yvette Nicole Brown! A small crowd were already surrounding the two; fans asking for pictures.
I soon joined in the angry mob and Danny agreed to take a picture with us!
I gave the meanest thug look I could think of to make sure Danny knows who he fucks wit!
Then proceeded to the stage where the show was about to start.
Donald approaches the stage and begins his stand up comedy routine which included a lot of improv.
He then transitioned into his music set. His tracks were pretty hype but the crowd kept pretty calm.
He sure has a lot of songs talking about his wiener but that's just his swaaaag.
It was a dope show and I liked his energy.
Show ended and we proceed outside until we see....Gillian Jacobs and Yvette Brown taking pictures with fans.
Tony and I bum rushed the two and ... GOT CHA BITCH!
Gillian is beautiful.
If only my future wife, Alison Brie was there. T____T

Got some late night food at Tommy's, haven't eaten there in forever!
Feel so unhealthy now :[
MUST RESIST....TEMPTATIONS....!
And now I'm home :]

Another well night for thyself. I need to check out more shows man!

Cudi was better but! Gambino was dope too.


So exciting.

Damn you Tony!

He looks older in real life! Cool guy.

The jester doing his thang. SWAG! SWAG! SWAG!

Fuck yeah.

No comments: