Sunday, April 3, 2011

WOD: LA

All right! All right! I am back with a new post for whoever reads this crap.
First off! Happy April folks! This year is really rolling by fast but so far I'm enjoying myself sticking with the routine of school, work, B-boyin', some TKD training, and just chillin'.
I do need to focus more in school and get my shit done cause I'm laggin' it but all through time...
Anyhoo! On with today's update.
I woke up this morning at about 9am and drove to work to teach and help two kid classes which went pretty smoothly...I think >.> and then headed on over to the LA Convention Center for the annual World of Dance event.
This year it was held in my hometown, Los Angeles which was a lot convenient for me since I live and work pretty close to the area. Didn't have to drive all the way to Pomona.
Got there early and met up with my homie Tony. Ate at Yard House for lunch then migrated to the lobby where the entrance to the event was.
Got my ticket half off cause I signed up in the 2 on 2 B-boy battles.
Met up with the rest of the crew and chilled at my homie, Barry's "Proverse" booth.
Check his site out, some dope tees and accessories.
LINK: http://proverse.com/
Then went over to the B-boy section and cyphered for a little bit. Was planning on entering the 2 on 2's with my homie Austin so we were warming up and just hanging out. It was a dope vibe to just practice with everyone.
Walked around the venue as well and it seemed a lot smaller than last year's.
The b-boy battles were supposed to start at 6pm but they continued to lag the 2 on 2's until...9ish-10! Ridiculous. The whole b-boy section was disorganized and did not follow the schedule at all. By the time they reached the 2 on 2 division, I lost the juice to battle and decided to watch my homie Mike's performance with Culture Shock and cypher more.
That's just how I roll.
The exhibition battles were dope and it was cool to see a lot of people improving. I need to improve myself :[
Anyway, overall it was dope to just hangout with the crew and the homies at the event. It's always dope to get together at these events and just vibe. I don't even care about the competition anymore, I just like chillin' with my friends and other dancers. Always motivates me to get better.
My stuff did NOT get stolen this time! All in all, I liked last year's event better...besides the fact I got robbed, injured my knee, and lost in the finals BUT! last year was way more organized and just had a better vibe.
This year I felt somewhat bored, I think just cause they lagged it with the time.
5 on 5 battles, 1 on 1 all styles, 2 exhibition battles, 1 on 1 all style battles again, and then the 2 on 2 prelims...AND! A lot of this, "Are you ready? ... I can't hear you! ARE YOU READY!??!!? NAH MAN! THAT AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH! ARE YOOOOOU READY!?"
It's like fuck, shut the fuck up and start the event already man! Could've saved like 3 hours if you just got to the point. G'damn.
And this time we actually had almost all the members of ZH together besides Matt...and yet we never took a friggin' picture. DAMN!
Next time for suuuuuuuuure.
Anyway then packed up and went to JJ's and that was my day at WOD.

April is looking to be an interesting month...I hope. Just have a lot of things planned so I hope it all goes through accordingly.

PEACE!

1 comment:

Jenn(: said...

hah you would go to JJ's after ;p