Monday, February 28, 2011

Culture Shock's Hip Hop Has History (H4)

So Mike, Tony, a kid named Aiden and I entered in the 4 on 4 B-boy battles at Culture Shock's Hip Hop Has History event.
The 4 on 4's required that you have to have at least one youth (18 and under) on your team. So Mike's "troop buddy" basically his little was originally supposed to battle with us but he bailed last minute so Mike asked another kid to enter with us.
I heard the kid mainly practiced Locking as his primary dance so I didn't know what to expect but whatever, I was entering for fun and just wanted to rep.
We battled in the prelims against a crew called "Sae Jin and Friends" and made Top 8 out of 14 crews.
Top 8 Battle - We battled Flava Steps and it was a pretty fun battle. I know some of the dudes in Flava Steps so it was dope to vibe.
We lost to Stylistic Kings in the semi's but it was a dope battle and I was happy we got that far with a kid on our team.
I was actually surprised we made it to the semi-finals but it's cool, it was pretty fun battling today. The whole event was pretty cool, got in for free, DIDN'T get my stuff stolen, all styles battles were pretty dope, bboy battles were dope, and so forth. Good stuff!
Tired as heck and back to the grind.

Prelim Battle


Top 8 Battle


Semi-Finals


Much respect to all crews.

PEACE!

No comments: