Friday, February 11, 2011

2. How have you changed in the last 2 years?

To be honest, I haven’t changed much because I’ve felt like I’ve always been honest about who I am and what I do. People always go through these drastic changes because they realize they’re something they’re not but I’ve felt like I found my true identity years ago.
Things and other people around me have changed but I feel I remain to be the person I truly am. The changes around me would be that I’m currently single, I attend a different school, I earned my 2nd Degree Black belt in the martial arts; a goal I’ve been wanting to attain since 2004, I feel like I’ve improved in dancing but I still have much more to learn, I was granted a raise at work ^_^, I work 6 days a week now, I got my braces off, and I got a new car. These are the external or physical changes that occured in my life through the past 2 years.
But I also went through many internal realizations about the people I know and the people I could "trust". I see that I need to pick and choose my friends more carefully because a lot of people out there are shady and willing to stab you in the back for the sake of shit. Even the closest people are capable of betrayal and I would know because I've experienced this shit personally. So let's just say I'm more aware about people and not as trustworthy as I once was.
It is sad but true but through experience I've realized that the person you thought you knew can turn out to be someone you didn't know at all.
I now never claim I know a person no matter how long we've been acquaintances because each individual out there is prone to change for better or worse.
In summary, I pretty much don't care anymore about people that don't apply to my life.
I have a small circle of friends, I'm not with different crews, and I'm not as easily surprised as I once was when people's true colors show.
I guess that's the biggest change but I myself really haven't changed.
I'm just doing me.
It's others that change that make me become more perceptive about their true identity.

And don't claim you know me either because I might just go and change as well.

No comments: