Monday, August 30, 2010

6. Your Day

It is now 4:48am on a Monday.
I have to get up in about 4 hours for class so I should get some shuteye soon but honestly I want to post about my day because today is one of those days where I just had a good time hanging with the homies.
So last night I got in late from SD so I woke up around noon today when I was supposed to wake up earlier to help out my mom at my dad's school for a seminar.
She already told me she got it done but I arrived anyway to take a sparring seminar with Bill Wallace.
If you don't know who Bill Wallace is, he's a pioneer in competitive sparring in Kickboxing and Karate.

He used to train at my father's studio back in the day so he taught a workshop about sparring tips.
I decided to take it and it was enjoyable. He gave us good stretching tips to get more flexible and a lot small tips on how to distract and enclose distance.
Needa get back into training TKD too.
After that headed home and ate some leftover Chinese food.
Watched the second half of Inglorious Basterds on TV...forgot how good that movie was and called my homie Chris to see if he wanted to chill since he just got back from Asia.
I met up with Chris, Tam, AC, Corey, and Stanley...all good friends I knew in high school. I don't think I've been in a big group of high school friends for a long while so it was cool for everyone to come out and chill.
We went to Cha first, played a few rounds of Big 2 while catching up on current events. Then moved the party over to Garden Cafe because we got hungry.
There we started talking about past events and the high school dramas that unfolded.
I forgot about so much stuff that happened back in the day, I was cracking up so bad.
Just talked and joked the whole time we were there and it was dope to share those memories with the homies.
Needa have one of those hangouts again because it really has been too long since we chilled together.
A great and unexpected way to end the day...just chillin' with my boys and reminiscing and catching up on what's new.
Now gotta get back to the grind.
Till next time ;]

No comments: