Friday, August 27, 2010

2. Your first Love

When I was about 15 years old I fell into my first serious relationship with a girl from my high school.
I’ve known her since middle school but we were never really in the same group of friends but we were all associated with one another.
I forgot how but somehow we began talking on a consistent level, mainly through AIM and we decided to hangout one fine afternoon.
A few more hangouts followed up and I ended getting my first kiss and we finally confessed our feelings for each other.
I was actually surprised because we were very different but I guess opposites attract...and I thought I was ugly.
We got together shortly after and we went out for about six months. Within that time span, I fell in “love” but I still contemplate whether it was just puppy love.
We threw out the L word after a few weeks of seeing each other and we’d say it to each other every day.
Of course I was heartbroken when we split being that she was my first girlfriend but time heals all wounds and I feel your first relationship really teaches you that love is not an easy thing to come by.
As I look back I saw that we weren’t right for each other but I still have good memories and wish all the best.
I have no regrets because life is always filled with ups and down.
So they say, “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”

No comments: