Sunday, August 29, 2010

5. Your definition of love

To me love is a hard thing to come by.
It's something you cannot define in words because it's something you must encounter and experience. I honestly feel everyone has their own definition of love.
When people speak of love and announce their love for their significant other...I ponder in my mind if they really know what they're talking about.
I remember in my younger days I wasn't so pessimistic about the subject because I didn't know what love was...but now that I have gone through a few relationships and see the tragedy love can bring to a person; I question if love is really what it's built up to be.
I do believe in love but I feel it is something you shouldn't say if you truly do not mean it.
I think love takes time like many other things in life and when you truly do feel you are in love then by all means go for it...just be real.
Don't be so corny with the subject because love should not be associated with "puppy love"...love is something grown and mature.
If you've been dating a person for like a month and you already announce your love for that person then I believe you're jumping the gun and rushing your emotions.
I try not to play around with the L word because it is a strong word that can lead to ultimate bliss or tragedy in one person's heart.
That's the gamble you take when you take part of the subject.
All in all, I have no definition of love. I'm still learning it myself and perhaps one day when I find the right girl I'll get back to you on that but until then...

I'm in lesbians with you.

No comments: