Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Extras

So today I worked as an extra in a bank commercial featuring martial arts.
About a week ago, the company scouted through different martial art schools within the Los Angeles area looking for kids ages 8-10.
A scout came through my father's studio and began interviewing a few students.
The scout then asked if he could interview a few Black belts so my father suggested I try it just for fun. At first I was hesitant but I figured why the hell not.
So I did a short interview and demo for the scout and two days later I got a call back asking me if I was interested in being cast as an extra.
I said sure, new experience for me.
So today I woke up around 7ish and the commercial was actually being shot in Eagle Rock so it was pretty convenient for me. In fact, it was shot where New Kids 3 and 4 were so it I was pretty familiar with the area.
Get there at about 8 am and check in with the casting director and wardrobe.
I got dressed and went on set. It was pretty legit. I thought it was dope how they turned one gymnasium into like 4 different sets.
The director seemed to like my audition tape because he asked if I could teach the kids a few things.
I was cast as a coach/trainer for the opposing team. It was pretty fun. I was just telling the kid actor random stuff...mainly just trying to make him laugh but he pulled through.
Some of the kids were really amazing doing flashkicks and websters and shit during breaks haha.
All in all, it was a pretty tiring day but I got a free lunch and paycheck to do what I like to do...hopefully more opportunities will come through my talents...but I also need to keep training and improving my skills ^_^
I suppose I should put this in my resume and add it to my myspace status lol. C'mon! Who does that!? >.> hahahaha
The day consisted of a lot waiting, sitting, yelling, and cheering haha.
Hope to see the commercial when it's finished.
A few flicks of the set.

Wardrobe Department

The director organizing the children!

Second set


Third set.

They turned it into a tkd school!

That's pretty much it hahaha
Till next time ;]

No comments: