Thursday, March 18, 2010

R.I.P. Nujabes also known as Seba Jun

So I just found out right now that one of my favorite musical artists, Nujabes passed away today.


"Seba Jun was 36 years old. An ambulance had rushed Nujabes to a hospital in Tokyo's Shibuya ward, but the live-saving efforts of the medical staff were ultimately unsuccessful.

The official website of hydeout productions has announced on Thursday that Seba Jun, the hip-hop producer better known as Nujabes, passed away due to an automobile accident in Tokyo late in the evening of February 26.

Nujabes made his professional debut in 2003 on the label compilation album first collection and his first solo album, Metaphorical Music. He composed the music in Manglobe's Samurai Champloo television anime series, including its "Battlecry" opening theme song. He had left behind some unreleased tracks in the studio, and his label plans to release those tracks on some format in the future."

=[

I remember I first heard Nujabes when I watched the anime, "Samurai Champloo" and I began to explore deeper into his music and I became addicted as he had a hybird mixture of Jazz and Hip Hop.
Nujabes is probably one of the best musical artists that lived in the world today and it's sad that it seems he's so underrated in the Hip Hop community.

If you've never heard his music then do it! It will put your mind at ease.
Some of my favorite songs from him..










RIP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I never thought that I would be so affected by a person that I did not know or meet. His death has taken me back and a bit and I feel sick to my stomach. I was truly inspired and lifted by his music. Words can't describe how I horrible I feel.

-Danknee