Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Kids on the Block 5


So yesterday was my homie Fagel's event, "New Kids on the Block Numero 5!"
An annual event held once every year to promote the upcoming crews in the B-boy scene.
This year was my first year not participating in the New Kids division because I honestly feel I'm getting too old for this shit hahaha.
I've been battling in the NK Division since the first one back in 2006 so I think it's about time to let the other more promising and better kids take on the challenge.
I was originally supposed to enter with my homie Barry aka KILLA B! aka STORYTELLER! Tell em a story! in the 2 on 2's but I ended up coming to the jam too late because I had work and had to pick my friend Matt aka MATT DA ATHEIST! in Rowland Heights.
So Barry ended up battling with my other homie, Austin aka AUSTIN PHUNG! in the 2 on 2's. I felt bad but at the same time I didn't feel like battling but another part of me was like "YO STOMP THIS MOTHAFUCKA OUT!"
So came to the jam around 5 pm. Missed the first rounds of the New Kid battles and the 2 on 2's but I was just there to chill and support.
New Kid battles were pretty dope. One of my favorites to watch were "Uncomfortably Fresh" from San Deezy. They came with it, wish they made it to the finals =[
I did feel some of the judging was a bit off in the semi-finals...it's whatever though cause I wasn't the one battling hahahaha.
The 2 on 2's were cool. The final battle between KH Cali and KH Zoo was dope.
Exhibitions were cool. Mig is a fuckin' killer. Went 10 rounds and that guy didn't get phased or tired at all.
Although I would've picked a different match up, it was still a cool battle.
Overall the jam looked like it went smoothly, just chillin' with the homies, my crew! Props for those that entered and represented!
Time to train and get better and smoke these guys! LOL jk
Then after wards ate at Noodle World and had some good laughs there.
Then the battle that was supposed to happen some time ago finally went down in the parking lot of Noodle World!
Fagel aka NES vs. Yong aka YONGMONEY....RAP VERSION O_O
I'll post up the battle when I have time as well as Tony aka T-REX! vs. Matt aka MATT DA ATHEIST! Shit went down! lol

Pics and vid coming soon ;]

Chillin' in the back with my crew! Missing Danny and Socheat

Matt Da Atheist vs. T-REX!

I wanted them to battle somewhere more quiet but both wanted that shit to go down now! Haha sorry for the loud music in the back. Did some edits to make the intros more epic...lol

NES vs. YongMoney

Battling outside Noodle World...cause that's just how we do...STRAIGHT STREET!

Um yeah

No comments: