Sunday, December 13, 2009

Break life?

Dang what a b-boy filled weekend...and while I have to study for finals?!?! Ayaaaa! -___-
Saturday I went to the "Rock the Beach" jam; haven't entered a jam for a long while but my crew mates decided to go so I figure why not.
Haven't practiced since Monday because I was cramming for next week's finals so hopefully my body hadn't slowed down during that time.
Went with Tony, Gary, and Jon. It was just us four since everyone else was busy. It was a 5 on 5 competition but we just figured, fuck it haha.
Under questionable circumstances the judges voted against us in the Top 16.
I'm not mad because we were just being ourselves and we like taking chances.
Not gonna sweat certain peeps because they ain't worth my time.
All you do is run your mouth.
I still had a fun time. It was dope to see a lot of crews improving, especially some new crews. Many represented hard and I feel it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you do your best.
Some people like to play it safe and just do the basics but I give much respect to those who actually make an effort to really execute more difficult moves.
I'll post the Top 16 battle when I get it.

And as for today!
The long awaited event, "He Got Game" finally came through. Everything went pretty smooth. It's just a weekly session but this time we organized a few match ups for people to see. No competition; just a nice jam with some local b-boys representing.
I was a judge for the high school battle and hosting the rest of the event.
Hosting is a pretty fun job but by the end of the night my throat was pretty sore haha.
Much respect to all the b-boys that battled today! Everyone represented and I had a great time watching.
We're going to try to make this an annual thing so be ready for the next one ;]

Other than that I still gotta study. Last week of school then Winter Break!!! ^_^
Hopefully I get some more practice time in and enter more events in the future.
But for now I'm gonna take my time to get better.

- SOME FOOTAGE - (More coming soon)
High School Exhibition Battle - Arcadia vs. Eagle Rock


A very dope battle showcasing some upcoming b-boys. I personally thought that both sides did extremely well and really represented. The battle never felt one sided because each side brought something hard. Judging this battle was tough but no doubt both sides really came with it. Much respect.
And we move over to the 1 on 1's that are currently posted.

Gary vs. Aaron.


Tony vs. Sung


Austin vs. Socheat


Ruben vs. Jet Li


Matt Tran vs. Robert


Jon vs. Aaron

No comments: