Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thoughts x ZH Comic #3!

So I just watched Cannibal Holocaust and that shit was pretty disturbing.
I couldn't stomach the animal scenes and the rape/murder scenes were pretty demented and gruesome.
I guess I couldn't take the animal scenes more because they were real...
Passed the animal cruelty scenes, overall it is a movie that analyzes serious and well-made social commentary on the modern world as well as the forgotten world.
The thing that gives this movie it's quality is the sense of realism portrayed through the documentation reels.
It's hard to say it's a bad film...I guess you have to look passed the repugnant images to see how the film conveys a more critical point.
It's probably a film you wouldn't watch twice but would watch just to see what all the controversy was about.
Good horror film, probably one of the first that introduced the 1st person view with the hand held camera.

In other news, sources tell me Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li was pretty bad. I could only imagine...some say the movie with Van Damme was better than Chun-Li...which means...it must be pretty horrible.
To be honest it doesn't even look like a Street Fighter movie...it just looks like a high octane action film with the title of Street Fighter in the credits.
And another film that doesn't look good is Dragon Ball: Evolution...sorry to say I'm not hyped for that film but who knows it might exceed my expectations...but at the same time...eeeeeeeeeh.
The movie I'm really hyped about is motherfucking Watchmen!!! That movie looks amazing, I don't want to expect too much from it because the comic book itself was incredible. But so far the trailer and movie clips look good. I hear they're going to change a few things in the movie from the comic including the ending...doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Recently at every session, I continue to injure different parts of my body..but in ways I feel good because I'm trying new stuff or I'm practicing things wrong haha...but hey the first breakers didn't have a B-boy manual to follow lol.
My knee, my elbow, my wrist, my neck, and somehow my ribs hurt haha. I haven't been this injured since I was starting out and trying to adapt my body to the floor.
I kind of feel in that spot again..trying to test the limits of my body even further. Takes time and practice like all things but I'm having fun through the process. Still striving, still learning.
That being said, I'm mainly just dedicating my time to practice and improving myself. Competing doesn't seem much of an initiative at this point. I mean I'll enter a few jams here and there but not really with the intent of winning, just to have fun.
Greed clouds the mind.

But anyhoo I'm just blogging out of boredom really...I'm hungry and here at work. I would take class but I'm sick and my body is still sore from the injuries.

And I think it's safe to say, I'm broke again -_- My source of payment at this time is mainly through my credit card but I'm trying to avoid using that as well since I just bought my school books...not even all my school books, I still have to buy one more. I hate how books are so expensive. But anyway...till my next paycheck comes I need to restrain my spending.

Oh yeah and this is a blog about nothing really..like I said I'm bored and like to blog random thoughts in my head from time to time like any other person.
Some like it, some don't, you go fuck yourself 0_0

I'LL BE BACK!

..I'm back!
ZH is back in the third installment of the series!


I got a fucking 48 dollar parking ticket...WTF OBAMA!

No comments: