Sunday, August 31, 2008

Arcadia Summer Jam


August 30, 2008
What a loooong day...
I got up at about 9:20 and went to work with my mom and sister. I stayed at work until about 1ish and got some tacos on the way back home.
After lunch, I went to go pick up Gary and we headed towards the jam in Arcadia..pretty convenient since I live like 15-20 minutes away from the area. It was also like 5-10 minutes away from my girlfriend's house haha so it was cool.
The jam definitely had it's ups and downs...but overall it was all right.
Let's start with the downs...
First: It cost $8 to enter...and the 1st Place prize money is only $100...talk about expensive..especially for a beginner jam...I mean there was no exhibition or anything of that sort...just a typical b-boy competition.
Second: The judging. For some reason, the host or the people who organized the event selected 4 judges...why 4? There should always be 3 or 5 judges so that way the outcome will always be an odd decision instead of resulting in massive tie breakers.
Third: The final battle. Gary and I made it to the finals against End the Cycle(Panda & Sandy) but Sandy injured his hand during the battle before the final so he had to sit it out. We had a discussion outside the jam deciding how to run the final battle...so it was finally settled by just having Panda do 2 rounds and Gary and I get one round plus another one. It was weird..
We battled and to be honest I thought we took it and that there shouldn't have been a tie breaker. Buuut...there was a tie breaker -_- so I went one more round and lost that tie breaker.
Now I honestly didn't care about losing, I lose all the time...it's something I'm used to but it's the fact that a certain someone went back on their word when I tried to play it fair. That was some fuckin' whack shit you pulled after the jam..serious(If you don't know what I'm talking about..find out)
I'm happy that I made it to the finals but I'm not happy about how a certain someone pulled a fuckin' shady ass greedy move when I was willing to split even between everybody.
Fuck it.
Underdogs for life.
Much props and respect to all the crews that entered and supported.
And to my partner Gary for holding shit down.
I'm not gonna post the battles...partly because I'm lazy and well...I just don't give a FFFFFFFFFFFF
I need to practice.

- Yong
Zombie Hunterz

No comments: